Degrees and Certifications:
Associate Degree in Nursing Bachelor of Science in Nursing National School Nurse Certification
I am the proud nurse of both Enfield Middle S.T.E.A.M. Academy and Inborden Elementary S.T.E.A.M. Academy. I graduated from Edgecombe Community College and went on to obtain my BSN from Winston-Salem State University. I have practiced in the field of nursing for over 10 years. I have worked in various areas of healthcare as a CNA, LPN and RN. Please do not hesitate to come see me in my office if you are not feeling well or if you have any questions or concerns during my office hours of 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. I am here for you. Your health and wellness is very important to me. My goal is to optimize your health and safety to improve your academic performance.
Forms and Policies
Asthma Action Plan
Seizure Action Plan
- Fact Sheet: What Teachers and Staff Need to Know
- First Aid Video
- First Aid Poster
- First Aid Poster Spanish (Epilepsy Foundation)
- Seizure Log / Word Spanish (Epilepsy Foundation)
- Tips for Seizure Observation & Recording (Epilepsy Foundation)
- EAP for Nosebleeds
- EAP for Seizures
Unique Mealtime Needs for Meal Plan
Safety for School Staff
Session Law 2015-222 House Bill 13
NC Board of Nursing
- RN Law - Nurse Practice Act
- Rules - Components of Nursing Practice for the RN
- Decision Tree for Delegation to UAP
- Delegation and Assignment of Nursing Activities
- Medication Administration
- Scope of Practice for Decision Tree
- More resources for RN Practice in NC
- North Carolina School Health Program Manual
What is required to start school?
- North Carolina Health Assessment Form
- Immunizations – including Varicella (Chicken Pox) after first birthday, DTap and Polio Boosters (or 4th dose after 4th Bday)
- Kindergarten Health Assessment (Physical Exam) -Within 30 calendar days of a child’s first day of attendance in the public schools
- Medication form with physician signature & parental consent
- Original container
- Parent must drop off medication. Children are not allowed to deliver medications.
- Any questions please call me 252-445-5455.
- A doctor’s note is required when your child has been absent with such illnesses as strep throat, scarlet fever, or questionable rashes. If you have any questions, please keep in touch with me.
SICK DAY GUIDELINES:
- Fever over 100.0 degrees
- Undiagnosed rash
- Red, watery eye with yellow discharge
- Symptoms that prevent them from participating in school, i.e. uncontrollable nasal discharge, excessive coughing or fatigue, sore throat.
- Please keep your child home for 24 hours after vomiting or diarrhea has stopped.
- Students should be fever-free for 24 hours without fever-reducing medication before returning to school.
- If your child comes in with an ace bandage, splint, arm sling please come in with him or her to the health office with a Doctor’s note.
- A crutch order is necessary from your Doctor.
- A Doctor’s note is needed to be excused from Physical Education Class
Food Allergies Can Be Life-Threatening!
- Only non-food items, such as pencils, erasers, and stickers may be sent to school to celebrate a student’s birthday.
- Other celebrations containing food items must be pre-approved by the Principal and a full list of ingredients must be sent in 7 days prior to the celebration.
Please avoid sending in products that may contain nut products.
Immunization Exemption Statements
Vaccinations - Details & Preventable Diseases
- 2017 Immunization Recommendations for Ages 7-18) / Spanish
- AAFP, updated Feb. 2017: Birth-18 Catch-up Schedule
- English/ Spanish
- Fact Sheets (English & Spanish)
- What parents need to know
- HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
- HPV Vaccine for Preteens and Teens - Information for Parents
- HPV/Gardasil-9 / Spanish (Vaccination Information Statement, 12/2/2016)
- Why does my child need the HPV vaccine? ♦ Questions & Answers
- 3 Things Parents Should Know about Preventing Cancer
- Hepatitis A
- Hep A / Spanish (Vaccination Information Statement, 7/20/2016)
- Why get vaccinated against Hepatitis A - What parents should know (CDC April 2017) / Spanish
- Hepatitis B
- Meningococcal ACWY Vaccines - MenACWY & MPSV4 / Spanish (Vaccination Information Statement, 3/31/2016)
- Serogroup B Menningocal - MenB / Spanish (Vaccination Information Statement, 8/9/2016)
- Meningococcal B (MenB) Vaccination - Who's at Risk? Why get the vaccine?
- Required to attend 7th grade
- Tetanus, Diptheria, and Pertussis (Whooping Cough) - Click on each link, about each disease.
- 10A NCAC 41A.0401 Dosage and Age Requirements for Immunizations
- 10A NCAC 41A.0403 Non-Religious Personal Belief No Exemption
- 10A NCAC 41A.0404 Medical Exemption from Immunization
- 10A NCAC 41A.0406 Access to Immunization Information
- Statute 130A-152 Immunization Required
- Statute 130A-153 Obtaining & Access to Immunization, Reporting by Local Health Departments
- Statute 130A-154 Certificate of Immunization
- Statute 130A-155 Submission of Certificate to School Authorities, Record Maintenance, and Reporting
- Statute 130A-440 Health Assessment Required
- The 30-Calendar Days Rule
- Vaccine Information Statements / VIS in other languages
- Immunization Resources for Schools
- Requirements for School Entry
- National Vaccine Information Center
- Vaccine Acronyms & Abbreviation Guides
- Vaccine Foreign Language Terms and Translations