Remote Instruction Plans in Response to COVID-19 Crisis
- To provide Halifax County Schools (public school unit) with a framework for delivering quality remote instruction to all pre-kindergarten, elementary and secondary students during the 2020-21 school year.
- The Halifax County Schools 2020-2021 Remote Instruction Framework will provide pragmatic design qualities for its pre-kindergarten, elementary and secondary blended learning programs which include: maximum safety, flexibility and relevance, when responding to crisis disruptions.
Development of the HCS Remote Instruction Plan (RIP):
- June 1, 2020 Actualize the RIP Task Force, subcommittees and work groups
- June – July Launch internal/external stakeholder surveys; conduct data analysis
- July 6, 2020 Share draft of Remote Instruction Plan with the Board of Education
- July 8 – 20, 2020 Sub-Committee Meetings
- July 15, 2020 Submit the HCS Remote Instruction Plan to Vetting Team
- July 17, 2020 Complete Remote Instruction Plan Adjustments and Edits
- July 20, 2020 Submit the HCS Remote Instruction Plan to NCDPI
- July 22, 2020 Large Group Feedback
- August 3, 2020 Share Remote Instruction Plan with the Board of Education
- August 4, 2020 Virtual Presentation to HCS Employees and other stakeholders
TOPICS OUR RE-OPENING TASK FORCE IS CURRENTLY TACKLING
As you may have seen, Governor Cooper and the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services released interim guidance about districts reopening in the fall.
Start of the 2020-2021 School Year:
The Governor’s Office and the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services NCDHHS, in consultation with the North Carolina State Board of Education and the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction, will determine how schools can reopen safely for the 2020-21 school year based on the state’s COVID-19 metrics by July 1st, 2020. Like school districts across the state, Halifax County Schools is busy preparing for the beginning of the 2020-2021 school year but also anxiously awaiting further guidance.
Additional considerations we are currently working through include but are not limited to:
- School Nutrition
Thank you for your continued support of Halifax County Schools.