Halifax County Schools has launched a new online application system called "People Admin" (formerly known as NC School Jobs), which is powered by TeacherMatch.
This new online application system provides an innovative way to streamline the hiring process. Applicants will now experience an enhanced, user-friendly system when applying for positions. To view available job vacancies and/or to apply for career opportunities with our district, click on the links below.
Please contact Dr. Gregory Monroe with any questions about current vacancies at 252-583-5111.
A cover letter and resume are still required. You will now need to upload these items to your online portfolio instead of sending them by email.
If you do not see a posting for the job(s) that you are interested in, please consider applying to the Generic Posting in the category for which you are interested – Licensed, Classified, Substitute and Bus Driver. By doing this you make your application visible to our district. Please continue to check the Halifax County Schools Job Board for future employment opportunities.
- All Licensed positions require a State Board of Education Certification
- All Instructional Assistants, Substitute Teachers, and Tutors require a two-year degree or 48 hours of college credit.
For Future NC Teachers
Are you interested in becoming a teacher? Our friends at the nonprofit TeachNC.org have lots of free tools and resources to help you get started:
- 1-on-1 advising calls to answer all your questions and choose an educator preparation program (EPP) that’s right for you
- how-to guides to demystify eligibility, testing, and financial aid
- an EPP Explorer so you can compare programs and interactive application checklists to keep you on track to apply
- fee reimbursements to help cover application and enrollment expenses
- a $1000 scholarship to help make your dream of becoming a teacher more economical
Halifax County Schools and TeachNC are committed to helping you achieve your dream of becoming a teacher! Sign up for a free TeachNC account today to get started!