HCS Pre-K Program
Halifax County Schools’ Pre-Kindergarten (Pre-K) Program is an early learning school readiness program. Students participate in a blended learning model. Parents & guardians are encouraged to follow the HCS District Calendar (https://www.halifax.k12.nc.us/Page/1532) to prepare for designated days of remote learning (away from the main campus). Pre-K students receive the benefit of in-person instruction to the fullest extent possible.
HCS is in partnership with the NC Pre-K Smart Start Program and Title I Federal Program to provide qualifying students five-star early learning experiences. The NC Pre-K Program Requirements are designed for eligible four-year-old children. The Title I Federal Program allows three-year-olds with an Individualized Educational Plan (IEP)to attend the early learning program as well. The HCS Pre-K Program meets the NC Child Care Rules.
- comprehensive Early Learning Standards;
- staff meet education & licensure requirements, professional development;
- 1:9 staff to child ratio, Teacher & Teacher Assistant;
- developmental screenings and referral;
- evidence-based curriculum and formative assessments;
- monitoring and nutritional requirements, and
- Parent-teacher conferences, and student follow up.