Beliefs & Values
Halifax County Schools believe:
- All children have value; all children have potential; and all children deserve our greatest efforts to expand opportunities through academic achievement.
- The success of children is largely dependent upon the success and well-being of their families, school, and communities.
- Eliminating the academic achievement gap (opportunity gap) is important and critical to the success of our students.
- Data, research, and lived experiences all drive our root cause analysis of the problems faced by HCS’ students and the solutions we advance.
- Long-term school reform requires active participation and contributions from a committed school community that is capable of: assessing, creating, aligning, and implementing systemic school governance that is inclusive, collaborative, and innovative to sustain student achievement in public schools.