The NC MTSS framework promotes school improvement through engaging, research-based academic and behavioral practices which also include social-emotional learning needs. (NC Implementation Guide Livebinder)
HCS ensures “deep alignment” with the NC Multi-tiered System of Support and the …
- NC Standard Course of Study (NC SCOS), which is the guiding document for what students should know and be able to perform at grade level. (K-12 Standard Course of Study)
- NCStar/MTSS: District and schools' strategic plans/school improvement plans (NCStar/School Improvement)
- Whole Child Approach to teaching, which supports and nurtures all areas of children's development and learning–from social-emotional and cognitive skills to literacy, math, and science understanding. (Making Whole Child Education the Norm)
- Exceptional Children Department’s goals which ensure that all students with disabilities develop intellectually, physically, emotionally, and vocationally through the provision of an appropriate individualized education program in the least restrictive environment. (Exceptional Children)
- School-wide Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS), which establishes a social culture and the behavior supports needed to improve social, emotional, behavioral, and academic outcomes for all students. (PBIS)
- Students with Disabilities Guidelines for Evaluation and Decision Making, which supports the district in determining an appropriate course of action based on student need.